Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Lexus RC-F will cost over $100k but will be well worth it.

With a...

• 5.0-liter V8 engine expected to make 455 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque
  • Completely new chassis, specially tuned for high-performance
  • Carbon fiber parts: hood, roof trunklid

basically this will s*** on and dethrone the M4...anyone still interested in the M4? :D

·
Registered
339 Posts

With a...

basically this will s*** on and dethrone the M4...anyone still interested in the M4? :D
This Lexus is going to carry an almost $50k premium over the M4. I think it lines up better with the M6 and its 4.4L Twin Turboed V8 good for 560 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque, plus the $100k + price tag the M6 carries...

But maybe, just maybe BMW gives us an M4 GTS or CSL or whatever three letters they fall in love with this time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The much higher price point of the Lexus makes it a different breed from the M4. Even if the car is nicer, I think that BMW has such a following that the M4 would still outsell the RC-F.

I feel like so many stories I read are about which vehicle is going to dethrone a leading BMW. The fact that I have read these stories all over for such a long time tells me that no vehicle has ever actually beat out the BMW -- they all just try to.

·
Registered
169 Posts

With a...

@Andrew319

Anymore updates on this Lexus? You really think this will compare to an M4? :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Performance aside, where's the sexiness factor in this RC? It's got that predator-like front fascia, and I don't know what the ****'s going on aft of the rear wheel. Toyota/Lexus should never have discontinued the Supra. That was their true supercar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts