BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title suggests, I'm getting close to aquiring my 435!

I gotta tell you, there are a lot of people griping about how long it takes for their car to be built. Those people had December builds, a month that the Germans take an extended vacation/holiday.

I had a January build. Here it is the 9th of the month, and the thing is complete.....get on a ship, travel the waterways between Germany and NY, clear customs, get on a transporter and arrive at the dealership. Anyone have an idea how it generally takes from port of exit to into my hands?

·
Registered
743 Posts
at least there's some good progress with your 4 series, thankfully no delays, hopefully none pop up.

what do you currently drive?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you currently drive?
2011 C300:confused:, This will definately be a step (or 2 or 3) up!

The car is still 4-6 weeks out, per my dealer. It's a long wait but, others living in different parts of the world have it worse. Germany to New York isn't the longest of travels.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How long ago did you put your order in? Congrats on almost having your Bimmer in hand though. Make sure to post pics when it comes in. What color did you get?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How long ago did you put your order in? Congrats on almost having your Bimmer in hand though. Make sure to post pics when it comes in. What color did you get?
Ordered Dec 11 for January allocated build

EBII. I think it's one of the best looking colors of any car manufacturer. Flashy, extroverted, yet classy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the title suggests, I'm getting close to aquiring my 435!

I gotta tell you, there are a lot of people griping about how long it takes for their car to be built. Those people had December builds, a month that the Germans take an extended vacation/holiday.

I had a January build. Here it is the 9th of the month, and the thing is complete.....get on a ship, travel the waterways between Germany and NY, clear customs, get on a transporter and arrive at the dealership. Anyone have an idea how it generally takes from port of exit to into my hands?
The boat trip from Germany to NY/NJ is 14-15 days. It's then a couple of days at the VDC and the trip to your dealer. My 435 should be completing production today, and then it's on its way to NY as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The boat trip from Germany to NY/NJ is 14-15 days. It's then a couple of days at the VDC and the trip to your dealer. My 435 should be completing production today, and then it's on its way to NY as well.
Just a heads up, my car has been built and waiting for over a week at the port.

·
Registered
743 Posts
2011 C300:confused:, This will definately be a step (or 2 or 3) up!

The car is still 4-6 weeks out, per my dealer. It's a long wait but, others living in different parts of the world have it worse. Germany to New York isn't the longest of travels.
Wow, this is going to be a big step up, a whole new world for you.
are you trading in your C300 at the dealer or selling it privately?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, this is going to be a big step up, a whole new world for you.
are you trading in your C300 at the dealer or selling it privately?
Lease matures end of May. It has negative equity so I can't sell it. I'll be paying double payments for a couple months but I couldn't wait to get in this 435. I have still not seen one on the road (any 4 series), seen plenty of 991 Carerra's though:).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been driving my 435i xDrive around Horsham/Doylestown area since mid-October and still haven't seen another one on the road. We're a rare sight right now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont know how your coping with the wait i can not do it. Some people have waited over 10 weeks. Post some pics up once it has arrived :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The vessel should've hit Halifax today meaning it should dock in NY/ NJ by Thursday. VPC by Friday-Monday to install M Performance parts (including PPK). So close I can taste it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts