BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BMW has announced that two brand new concept cars will debut during the Monterey Car week. Monterey Car week includes The Quail: A Motorsport Gathering, Legends of the Autobahn Concours d'Elegance, Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion and Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

We only have one sketch as a clue of what to expect, a race-car style steering wheel.

Suggestions of the cars that we may see in concept form are a successor to the Z4 that will be developed with Toyota, and a high-performance M7 that would compete with the Mercedes-AMG S63.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thought I would post an update to this thread because we now know exactly which concepts will be showing up at Pebble Beach. There is also some questioning as to whether or not the information is 100% correct though.

So the concepts that will be apparently showing up are the M4 GTS and 3.0 CSL Hommage concepts. The issue is that both of these concepts have already be seen at previous events -- The BMW M4 GTS as the 2015 MotoGP Safety Car, and the 3.0 CSL Hommage was seen earlier this year at the Concorso d'Eleganza.

That doesn't strike me as "brand new" so we will have to wait and see what exactly shows up.

·
Registered
743 Posts
One thing i'm excited to see is if Alpina will tune the M7 and how they'll do it since that will really push things for the 7, filling in that need for a flagship sedan with A LOT to offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts