BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent all day with the new 4 Series (428i and 435i) in Virginia as part of a special event with Autoweek Magazine.

Here's a video overview:

-RJP

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow must be nice to be part of the event. Did you like the x drive for the 4 series or should it strictly be only rear wheel drive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just sold an M3, actually. I really did like the 4 series... I was skeptical at first, but the name/series change makes sense in the long run.

I prefer RWD for a "fun car", which this would be if I were to purchase one, but there is no argument that the XDrive is a better option for everyday if you live in a snowy/wet climate. I've lived in Vermont and Colorado both and would go with XDrive if I were there. Otherwise, the babysitter technology will do an amazing job of keeping you safe when weather turns a bit bad and being able to tone them down is part of driving an enthusiast car.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just sold an M3, actually. I really did like the 4 series... I was skeptical at first, but the name/series change makes sense in the long run.

I prefer RWD for a "fun car", which this would be if I were to purchase one, but there is no argument that the XDrive is a better option for everyday if you live in a snowy/wet climate. I've lived in Vermont and Colorado both and would go with XDrive if I were there. Otherwise, the babysitter technology will do an amazing job of keeping you safe when weather turns a bit bad and being able to tone them down is part of driving an enthusiast car.
Good points re xDrive.

Which generation of M3? I'm a fan of all of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.