BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a huge twist, we may have actually spied a auto secret in one of the sp shots that turned up on the internet today. A BMW F80 M3 crashed today on the Nurburgring, and in the midst of the clean-up a spy shot was taken that seems to show that the F80 M3 may have cfrp backed front seats.

Look closely at this picture and see that the headrest of the seat is fixed and connected to the back of the seat. That is quite similar to the carbon fibre backed seats found on the limited edition BMW E92 M3 Carbon Racing Technologies (CRT).

If such a feature did exist, it would likely be an option. Do you think it'll happen?

And some shots of the BMW E92 M3 CRT Front Seats for reference.

·
Registered
743 Posts
BMW was never known for their interior designs and layout but the door panel layout here is super ugly. Why mount the speakers their and make them so obvious.

·
Registered
80 Posts
that seat looks odd I have no doubts in the materials they use but the designer needs a swap. The seat looks ugly.

And bmw needs some new test drivers from what i could remember the 2 series always was crashed alongside the highway when it was out for a test run.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
It gets the job done that is what matters. the bolster dont look to bad, I think they would be comfortable, pretty wide from what I can see.

·
Registered
339 Posts
most performance cars have the headrest attached to the rest of the seat. Its a design of racing buckets. I dont see it happening because performance buckets are not one size fits all like most seats. The bolsters may be too tight for some, the headrest too low for others..

Not likely for 4 series or M4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts