BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts

I mean an automatic seat belt seems like kinda a lazy feature anyway. It just makes sense to me that a person is better able to put their own seat belt on than a mechanized hook thingy.

Still, it sucks that this isn't working properly. Are you going to get it fixed?

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
hey at least the arm actuatora are working properly. Its only **** when something is wrong with the mechanism. I think its a matter of having the belt in proper position for it to catch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like since the seatbelt is kind of worn a little bit now instead of it being stiff that it just falls right off the catch of the mechanical arm. I'm going to take it in next week and see what they say about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So they changed the seatbelt last time and the problem was fixed for a while however months later the belt started slipping off the arm extender again and doesn't work.

·
Registered
743 Posts
So they changed the seatbelt last time and the problem was fixed for a while however months later the belt started slipping off the arm extender again and doesn't work.
That's horrible.

Did you end up going back in yet to get them to deal with it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe try this guy's solution? Seems like you can stiffen the seat belt with a bit of starch but if your dealer is willing to replace it for free then you may as well get a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts