BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this expire your warranty and, or tire and rim insurance?

or would they make you buy new ones at end of lease?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It shouldn't affect the warranty but I'd ask your dealer if it's acceptable at end of lease turn-in. Dealerships vary regarding the modifications they allow.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, haha I was thinking about plastidip wasn't sure if that was going to look cheap on a bmw tho

·
Registered
743 Posts
or you can always buy a set of used 4 series wheels when the time comes and sell the powder coated set. Thats the best way to go about it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The plastidip looks great at first, but because it is removable paint it can chip quite easily which can make things look cheap. So you either have to be ready to do touch ups once it starts chipping or just don't do the plastidip.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The plastidip looks great at first, but because it is removable paint it can chip quite easily which can make things look cheap. So you either have to be ready to do touch ups once it starts chipping or just don't do the plastidip.
spraying a thick coat on would help and maybe even have it look good for a longer time till you have to respray it on again.

still a better cost effective option than having to vinyl wrap it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spraying a thick coat on would help and maybe even have it look good for a longer time till you have to respray it on again.

still a better cost effective option than having to vinyl wrap it.
I feel like if you wrap your rims you run the risk of ripping the wrap....esp when you often drive in nyc where the potholes are deep and the parallel parking is tight...but it def might be worth the ease of removal when the time comes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts