BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This has been a hot topic of discussion lately, so we want to know what you think. We’re working on a story about BMW’s M division, and we need your input.

BMW’s M cars used to be the some of the most desired performance cars out there. The legendary E43 M5 and the E30 M3 are still some of the most coveted sports cars in BMW’s history. Now the M badge can be found throughout the BMW lineup, on cars like the X6 SUV and in the form of 'M Sport Packages,' like on the M235i.

Is M still as hardcore and desirable as it once was or has the brand become too diluted and lost its way? The M stands for Motorsport, so does it still live up to its name?

Please help us by participating in this poll. Thank you!
Participate in the Poll: Has BMW’s M Division Lost Its Way? at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The M still lives up to what it's meant to do, which full on M models do, not the M Sport trims, which are still good but not all of the performance you can get out of a BMW.

They just need the M Sport badging to sell vehicles and make them more attractive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
M still trumps AMG and RS in popularity (sales) I'm pretty sure.
The M3/4 in its 5th generation still remains one of the "most desired performance cars out there" and I like the direction it's heading: more and more power with a stiffer and stiffer chassis all the while shedding weight, albeit minimal.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think that will always be the case especially with the sort of volume they have as a whole, presence is key and people buy into it because of that. Not seeing as many of another type of car makes folks seriously question things or just not at all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think that M is doing fine. When you consider that you can still move up to AMG if you want even more performance and power, I think that M is doing exactly what it should -- giving people performance versions of BMW models.

·
Registered
339 Posts
M still trumps AMG and RS in popularity (sales) I'm pretty sure.
The M3/4 in its 5th generation still remains one of the "most desired performance cars out there" and I like the direction it's heading: more and more power with a stiffer and stiffer chassis all the while shedding weight, albeit minimal.
but if sales is the metric havent they already lost their way...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts