BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the rubber roof seals on my 420d convertible have perished after 3 years. The garage says it is rodent damage or bird damage both of which are IMO impossible as it would be physically impossible for a mouse/rat to get to the roof of the car and birds would have left scat and marks on the roof none of which I have ever seen. It seem like the garage is washing their hands of the problem, even they did not pick up the problem after a full pre-warranty review. Any ideas??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Issue with door trim to roof seal on 4 series

I have same issue on a newer 4 series Gran Coupe - garage are not playing ball - on a really flimsy piece on the outside of the car - if this was an internal seal np - however this is open to the elements - and is just to frail to survive tbh. I have been told its a £65 to replace - however Garage are worried about the time it will take to replace :) Like you I see missing section - and have been blamed due to power washing - I believe its a nutter of a bird tbh - however on an otherwise really great car - the seal is just not upto the job - to thin and brittle for everyday use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
have same issue with seals.
bmw seem unwilling to consider product issue.
issue was only talked about internally - and they did not see fit to add any discussion to customer care portal they use - where as earlier warranty issue was on there.
Very unusual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts