BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out my 428i is on a boat and on its way to CA. I am so... excited. It sat at port 2 weeks after production waiting for a ship, so I am glad to see the ride to CA get started.

I will try my very best to remain calm during shipment. The upcoming holidays will be a good distraction.

From looking at the other forums I have come up with the following range of time for west coast delivery:

Time at sea: 22 to 26 days
Time at VPC: 1 to 3 days
Transport to dealership: 1 to 2 days
Dealer prep: 1 to 2 days

So I am looking at anywhere from 25 to 32 days before I can pick up my new ride.

I am going to plan on 32 days (~ arrival Jan 8). Anything earlier will be a bonus and anything later will probably be due to the holidays.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Nice! Even I can't wait for your 4 series to arrive.
What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding on the 4 series?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just found out my 428i is on a boat and on its way to CA. I am so... excited. It sat at port 2 weeks after production waiting for a ship, so I am glad to see the ride to CA get started.

I will try my very best to remain calm during shipment. The upcoming holidays will be a good distraction.

From looking at the other forums I have come up with the following range of time for west coast delivery:

Time at sea: 22 to 26 days
Time at VPC: 1 to 3 days
Transport to dealership: 1 to 2 days
Dealer prep: 1 to 2 days

So I am looking at anywhere from 25 to 32 days before I can pick up my new ride.

I am going to plan on 32 days (~ arrival Jan 8). Anything earlier will be a bonus and anything later will probably be due to the holidays.
welcome aboard! It might be a little later than Jan 8 just becasue its going through the holiday season...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding on the 4 series?

I have been looking to replace my MINI for about a year.

I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I strongly considered getting a Lexus CT200h, because it is small and gets good gas milage (I have a 70 mile daily commute), but I just could not get over the gutlessness, the fact that it has 4 doors and it lacked features that were deal breakers for me (blind spot monitor, HUD)

I also looked at a Mercedes C250 (concerned over upkeep, not in love with look), considered a Mazda 3(not enough features), and Nissan 370Z (not enough features)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts