BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oddly the manual gearbox will be offered on the 435i but not on the 428i.

I was looking at the 428 but i really prefer a MT, so now comes the decision of spending more money for the 435 or start my search again.

This really pisses me off considering I had the 4 series narrowed down to the one to beat :(

does this change anything for any of you?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know for some it might be a deal breaker but if you really want the manual transmission then maybe you can justify the extra for a 435i.

Have you thought of any other vehicles just in case?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all. Maybe in the next year or two the 435i will be the same an only come in DCT auto and the M4 will be the only remaining manual in the line up. I could be wrong though because even the M4 might inherit the auto too.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for some it might be a deal breaker but if you really want the manual transmission then maybe you can justify the extra for a 435i.

Have you thought of any other vehicles just in case?
unfortunately i cant justify the extra ten grand for a 435. Now im considering an ATS even though its a sedan, and also there are some really good deals to be found on last years G37 coupe so that could be an option. Not a fan of the A5 or C coupe so the rest of the germans are out.

Also considering a Mustang GT, Camaro is just to ugly, but the AWD option in the 4 series also really appealed to me.

basically I'm back to square one and considering anything and everything thats relatively fun to drive and impractical :D:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
unfortunately i cant justify the extra ten grand for a 435. Now im considering an ATS even though its a sedan, and also there are some really good deals to be found on last years G37 coupe so that could be an option. Not a fan of the A5 or C coupe so the rest of the germans are out.

Also considering a Mustang GT, Camaro is just to ugly, but the AWD option in the 4 series also really appealed to me.

basically I'm back to square one and considering anything and everything thats relatively fun to drive and impractical :D:D
Have you thought of the new BMW 2-series?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually I havent, Just assumed the 2 series was going to be like the 4 series and only offer stick on the 235, but now that you mention it I might as well do a little digging..

unless someone knows a little something??
checked it out, both 2s will be coming with the MT. wonder what makes the 4 series drop the M6 from the 428i :dodgy:. the 228i and 428i share the entire powertrain.....

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
The 2 series should be the better 1 series with modern looks. It's alright but a little too compact for my taste. Not a bad deal when you look at the price of them though or what they are expected to let them go for.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The only escape from boredom is fork out the extra monies for the 435i model. I'd say do it before you get stuck with something you don't like.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was looking at pricing for 2012 335i and 135i and found it funny the 135 starts $1000 higher in my neck of the woods.. WTF

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd pick the 335i anyday
how come? The 235i and 435i are basically mechanically identical, especially powertrain wise, just the 2 is smaller and more whippable. I'd assume the 2 series will be alot more fun hangling wise than the 4 series. the 2 might even fix the steering feel people have been complaining about on the 4 series

·
Registered
73 Posts
I see it the same for the difference in body It would make more sense for the same powertrain to perform better for feel in a smaller shell since the 4 series might weight a bit more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts