BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done a long drive from santander to Alicante in 435i convertible really impressed:smile2:
With a few detours just over 600 miles , not hanging about managed about 75mph most of the time and still getting just over 37 mpg
May take it easier on way back next week and see if I can get even better mpg
Worst part about doing speeds is trying to get flies off front of car...... Not looking good at present:frown:, where's a good hand car wash when you need it!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Awesome, that's a great way to break in the engine :D

Did you keep track of gas mileage through out the trip or is that something you don't even think of? ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On leaving just set everything to zero and was pleasantly surprised with the figures after 600 miles
Will be off back in about a week on a different route more A roads than dual carriage ways so wait to see what comes of that

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Spain at present it's hard enough understanding the parking meters, what chance would I stand of asking someone for a bra for my car😃
Just kidding good idea !!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
back now!!! took it easier on way but only managed to get 38mpg used a lot of smaller roads and saw a lot of rural Spain & took a lot longer
really pleased though with mpg and performance also with that roof down the sound of that straight 6 is worth the purchase price alone......

·
Registered
743 Posts
back now!!! took it easier on way but only managed to get 38mpg used a lot of smaller roads and saw a lot of rural Spain & took a lot longer
really pleased though with mpg and performance also with that roof down the sound of that straight 6 is worth the purchase price alone......
good stuff, how many miles do you have on your vehicle so far?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did around 1600miles in two weeks, car now just six months old and has 8000miles total......I like my driving

·
Registered
743 Posts
Did around 1600miles in two weeks, car now just six months old and has 8000miles total......I like my driving
Now that is awesome, good to see that you really enjoy your rides and make the best of them and don't just have them be parking spot queens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts