BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm about to order a 4 series (company car), so thought I'd seek your advice on specification. Probably will be 430D, possibly 435D. M Sport spec. Probably xdrive. Am thinking mineral grey with red interior. Will try to keep extras down, but am thinking pro sat nav, possibly folding rear seats.

Will probably stick to standard 18" wheels, as my current 535D had 19" and the ride is fairly harsh.

Does anyone care to give me their views?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think it's a great choice, a diesel will pay off with the kind of mileage you will get from it. What other vehicles have you looked into?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a slightly dodgy left knee, hence my preference for an auto for long distances. I also need good under-thigh support, so I find the BMW m-sport seat extensions, plus tilt mechanism, to be perfect. I'm not aware of other cars that do this (Audi s-line?), so to be honest, I've not really considered anything non-BMW.

·
Registered
138 Posts
LOVE the thigh supports BTW, a real worthwhile investment IMO. Will also say I LOVE the 435d, spent a copious amount of time with a 335d sedan a few back and nearly refused to return it ;) Mineral grey with red guts is a dapper look my man...

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the UK, I think the folding rear seats are standard (unless you want the 40/20/40 split).

Mineral Grey is a great shout and I have loved the 430d so far!

I've stuck with the 18" wheels as I found the ride in the 19" wheels a little harsher...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'd probably go for the 435 purely for the twin exhaust haha. I hate the tiny exhaust tip on my 420d. Depends how much the engine size affects your tax for the company car I guess.

I always have my cars in mineral grey. Best colour in my opinion. My interior is all black with red stitching. Not a fan of too much red but it's personal preference of course!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had black leather in my last 3 BMWs, and just fancy a change. Not really sure about the red, to be honest, but the brown which I really like doesn't come with M Sport.
Interesting comment about the split seats being standard - the brochure shows them as a cost option, and the 40/40/20 as an additional cost. Can anyone confirm the 60/40 splits are standard?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had black leather in my last 3 BMWs, and just fancy a change. Not really sure about the red, to be honest, but the brown which I really like doesn't come with M Sport.
Interesting comment about the split seats being standard - the brochure shows them as a cost option, and the 40/40/20 as an additional cost. Can anyone confirm the 60/40 splits are standard?
I wanted to make sure too so got the dealer to email me confirmation - might be worth you doing the same just for peace of mind :-/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts