BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Well we have been staring at and test driving the 6 for some time - but the wife just can't get over the soft top and the price differential with the 5. Love the m6, but we're looking at the 650x as she really wants AWD. Also considered the 6 was a bit big .....sooooooo.... Dying to finally see what the 4 will hold. However do love all the creature comforts that BMW provide at this level....as well as the power under that right foot.. ;)

Already own a X3 35i (2011) and a 2009 M5 - so do like to "push it" when the roads warrant - but being in northern climbs the M does not get out as much as I would like in the cold months (even with winters) - hence the wifey is pretty insistent on AWD (she got stuck in the M for 3 hours once - with winters on - hence once bitten twice shy)..... :(

Also looking to replace another convertible (Lexus Sc430) - don't ask - was purchased before we started driving these ultimate driving machines - hence looking forward to the 4 convertible..... :huh:

So what would the perfect car be for me (so I could cross all the boxes that "she who must be obeyed" requires....)...... Well honestly an AWD M4 Conv (I know - sacrilege - but it is what it is...I don't track (or want to) but AWD would certainly allow me to get the power down without burning rubber - and cross off the "winter" box for the misses).
I know I know...unlikely to happen but a man can dream.... I may just have to go with a 435xi conv - but would love a M4 AWD. :D

Well sorry for the diatribe - just thought I would share why I am here...... :shy:

·
Administrator
153 Posts
Welcome to the 4-Series forums and thanks for introducing yourself!

Unfortunately, I doubt that BMW will offer an xDrive 4-Series convertible in North America. There will be an xDrive 4-Series coupe though.

The current E92 3-Series convertible was not offered with AWD, and all leaked documents I have seen so far have not indicated an xDrive convertible.

http://www.4-seriesforums.com/Threa...of-production-dates-and-trim-levels-confirmed

·
Registered
102 Posts
Monkmanusa said:
Hello all,
Well we have been staring at and test driving the 6 for some time - but the wife just can't get over the soft top and the price differential with the 5. Love the m6, but we're looking at the 650x as she really wants AWD. Also considered the 6 was a bit big .....sooooooo.... Dying to finally see what the 4 will hold. However do love all the creature comforts that BMW provide at this level....as well as the power under that right foot.. ;)

Already own a X3 35i (2011) and a 2009 M5 - so do like to "push it" when the roads warrant - but being in northern climbs the M does not get out as much as I would like in the cold months (even with winters) - hence the wifey is pretty insistent on AWD (she got stuck in the M for 3 hours once - with winters on - hence once bitten twice shy)..... :(

Also looking to replace another convertible (Lexus Sc430) - don't ask - was purchased before we started driving these ultimate driving machines - hence looking forward to the 4 convertible..... :huh:

So what would the perfect car be for me (so I could cross all the boxes that "she who must be obeyed" requires....)...... Well honestly an AWD M4 Conv (I know - sacrilege - but it is what it is...I don't track (or want to) but AWD would certainly allow me to get the power down without burning rubber - and cross off the "winter" box for the misses).
I know I know...unlikely to happen but a man can dream.... I may just have to go with a 435xi conv - but would love a M4 AWD. :D

Well sorry for the diatribe - just thought I would share why I am here...... :shy:
I don't think M4 will be available in AWD. Bet every problem has a solution! There are no bad cars in the winter, there are bad choices of tires. I own E92 M3 and can't wait for snow in winter, best time to drive (no cops) most fun you can have! Period! 3 years old car 92k miles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I find it to be a good thing BMW keeps AWD away from the convertibles, if you want a BMW with AWD, hardtop is the way to go. Might as well keep all the performance in a car with a frame that can complement it. Plus it's not all that normal for a convertible owner to want serious performance (miata's and S2000's don't count :D )

·
Registered
169 Posts

@Monkmanusa How is the search going? Are you going to order a 4 Series or a 6 Series? I must say that I am smitten with the new M6, but the price differential is significant...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.