BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick message to introduce myself and say hi.

420d ordered a few weeks ago with a delivery date of mid-June. I'm looking at pictures of my spec online about four times a day at the moment. The car can't come fast enough!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes, again hello! - also a 420d owner :) - yes let us know what colour and spec! - I got mine friday I'm so happy with it you'll love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - yep, I'm very excited. I've just sold an Audi A4 Avant 2.0d S-Line and am currently driving a Seat Leon rental car which my company has supplied me with until the 4 Series arrives. Needless to say I can't wait!

How are you both finding the 420d to drive? I was very much tempted by the 430d but it would have meant cutting back on most of my extras.

I've ordered an M Sport in Glacier Silver with body coloured breather and Dakota Black leather.

The extras specced are:
Sports automatic gearbox
Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go
Professional Media
Upgraded Bluetooth
Harman/Kardon Stereo
Speed Limit Display
Glass Sunroof
Driver & Passenger Electric Lumbar Support
40/20/40 folding seats
Sliding Armrest (odd to have to spec that)

The stock date at the dealer is 2nd June according to the company car supplier. It apparently can take up to ten days beyond then to be delivered to me. I'm crossing every finger that BMW can deliver before then!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigSLH - how are you finding time to post? I'd be out in my car every waking minute if I took delivery a few days ago!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sweet spec! I only went for the 420d over the 430d because I preordered and the 430 wasn't available at the time. I'm also only 22 so getting insurance on the 420 was hard enough haha.

My last car was a 118d coupe and the 4 is so much nicer to drive. Everything about it is much more refined and I'm surprised about how much punchier the engine is compared to the 118. I think the 430 would be nicer but it gives me something to upgrade to in the future!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed anyway. Mine arrived about 2 weeks early on the 23rd December, so it was a nice Christmas present!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can imagine the conversations you had with your insurance broker over the 420!

My dealer is in Leicester and I'm driving down south on 6th June for a long weekend in Devon. Every finger is crossed that the car will be ready for me to collect on 6th from the dealer rather than have them deliver the car to me by lorry to Scotland. It would be fantastic to have the car for the weekend in Devon....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts