BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to forum. Probably not typical member. Upgrading from a 2003 MINI (just a cooper, not an S) to a 428i (base, not an M sport).

Ordered in early Nov. Have production number. Car has been built (yay :exclamation: ) and is at dock waiting for shipment. The wait is killing me. Hope to have delivery in early to mid Jan 2014.

My 428i is liquid blue, with technology, drivers assist and drivers assist plus packages. I have a 70 mile (round trip) daily commute and I look forward to doing it in style.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy the 428i. I have had my 428i M-Sport since the end of October and absolutely love it as does my wife.

Very refined vehicle and the engine has more than enough power and delivers it effortlessly.

If this is your first BMW then you'll see why they get such a following. Enjoy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

New to forum. Probably not typical member. Upgrading from a 2003 MINI (just a cooper, not an S) to a 428i (base, not an M sport).

Ordered in early Nov. Have production number. Car has been built (yay :exclamation: ) and is at dock waiting for shipment. The wait is killing me. Hope to have delivery in early to mid Jan 2014.

My 428i is liquid blue, with technology, drivers assist and drivers assist plus packages. I have a 70 mile (round trip) daily commute and I look forward to doing it in style.
congrats... wow if you ordered ur car in nov, that could be the quickest build and ship EVER!...I ordered mine in the first couple days of october....and it is finally at port waiting for a vessel

·
Registered
743 Posts
welcome Queenie, have you seen the new Mini Cooper?
Why did you move to a 4 series coupe from your mini cooper?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, this will be my first BMW.

Yes, I was aware of the new MINI with additional bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my MINI and enjoy going on runs with MINI clubs ect., and I am keeping my MINI. I just got tired of plunking down so much money on repairs for a car that feels like a bit of a time bomb (I have CVT).

So this time I wanted the fit and finish of a BMW and I think the car looks amazing. It also handled well during test drive and didn't feel too big, which was a big concern of mine. In addition, I already have a good mechanic that only works on BMW and MINIs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts