BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet the 2015 Cadillac ATS coupe....

available with a 2.0 4 and a 3.5 TT 6. Standard only available on the 2.0 engine. Same wheelbase as the sedan which is interesting, I think it could of used to lose a few inches in the middle. Oh well. Can't wait to see a V, you know theres going to be a V ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Notice the new Cadillac emblem on the front grille. No more olive branches around the crest. I think it look much cleaner and better that way.

I'd want it in a different color though. I don't like how the red tail lights match the body color.

Looks good but I think that in the end I would still want to stick with a 4-Series.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It's not impressive, no where near as impressive as the 4 series. It looks like all they did was chop two doors off and made the front 2 doors longer. It needs more coupe styling, even the ELR looks more like a true coupe.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Pretty average if you ask me. You definitely wouldn't see one of them on the roads here in the UK!
Once people see their options, they'll know the Caddy coupe here isn't it. If I was to buy a Cadillac 2 door it would be a CTS-V Coupe, now that is a real machine that looks like what a coupe should!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yuck. No way that is a 4 series rival. I can't imagine who would cross shop these 2 cars.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Another 4 series rival also just announced

New Lexus RC350

Coupe segment looks like its coming back alive again.

Makes me happy.

Though I am pretty dam sure the 4 series will be the benchmark of this segment just like the 3 series was.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yuck. No way that is a 4 series rival. I can't imagine who would cross shop these 2 cars.
well the ATS sedan is regularly cross shopped with the 3 series. I remember reading somewhere caddy is seeing like 10-15% of ATS takers coming from a BMW...

so a few ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
well the ATS sedan is regularly cross shopped with the 3 series. I remember reading somewhere caddy is seeing like 10-15% of ATS takers coming from a BMW...

so a few ;)
Yes, I know. I was saying it in more if a d-bag condescending bimmer owner tone. I realize looks are strictly opinion, but I seriously want to speak with the person who likes how that ATS coupe looks. It's horrible in my opinion. I like the new Lexus, love the Audi, new Merc looks good, so I'm not a complete homer.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I know. I was saying it in more if a d-bag condescending bimmer owner tone. I realize looks are strictly opinion, but I seriously want to speak with the person who likes how that ATS coupe looks. It's horrible in my opinion. I like the new Lexus, love the Audi, new Merc looks good, so I'm not a complete homer.
ahahahaaaa fair enough.

I don't know, a little torn i suppose. I like the fact that its an understated design but i really don't like the front fascia and onto the hood. But their biggest screw up was leaving the coupe and sedan sharing a wheelbase, from the profile shot it looks like it was caught in a game of tug of war, if it lost even an inch or 2 from its middle it would be so much more appealing.

the slab sides remind me a bit of the 60's

·
Registered
743 Posts
Cadillac just completely failed on the ATS coupe. it just surprises me how they can do an amazing job with the CTS coupe, ELR, and fail big time on what could have been a great rival to the obvious, they just sabotaged themselves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts