BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any availability info on the PPK for the 4 series? I've heard conflicting dates, one being Q2 2014 the other saying it's currently available. Is it a factory installed item? If so, it'd be great to get that done whe BMW is building my 435. I've asked my sales rep and he's looking into it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Im not sure if the ppk is done at the factory or if its dealer installed.

I would assume factory.

Haven't heard anyone with a 4 series with the PPK.

What did your dealer say?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dealer's checking on it. I think it's only available to those lucky folks north of the border at this time.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would be concerned if it's dealer installed. I rather them install it at the factory where the real professionals are, people that are more familiar with this system. To a lot of techs this will be new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer's checking on it. I think it's only available to those lucky folks north of the border at this time.
Looks that way... I have it on mine now.

Packages are different for Canadians, and include two M Performance packages, one of which is the Exhaust + PPK. Takes it to 335 HP and 332 ft-lbs.

Still breaking it in, but the car is noticeably quicker than my E92... plus more planted.. and to my great relief, maybe because of the rest of the M Performance handling "stuff", the steering is just fine, city and highway.. no track test yet tho...

Canadian Packages and Options on the car:

M Performance Packages I and II ~
• M Performance Exhaust
• M Power Kit
• M Adaptive Suspension
• M Sport Brake
• Variable Sport Steering
• High Speed Maximum with Performance Tires (19”)
Exec Package~
• High Beam Assistant
• Lane Departure and Collision
• Surround View
• Heads up Display
Premium Package~
• Rear View Camera
• Alarm System
• Universal Remote
• Comfort Access
• Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors
• Lumbar Support
• Park Distance Control
• Navigation
• SiriusXM
• Harman/Kardon Sound System
Misc Options~
• Active Cruise with Stop and Go
• Park Assistant
• Adaptive Headlights
• Speed Limit Info

·
Registered
128 Posts
What is the difference between the two performance packages you listed here?

I am pretty sure that they install the kits at the factory and not at the dealership. BMW wouldn't trust that many dealership shops to install all these parts. That would result in so many complaints and problems.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be concerned if it's dealer installed. I rather them install it at the factory where the real professionals are, people that are more familiar with this system. To a lot of techs this will be new.
That's why I'm trying to coincide the tune while they build my car. What if someone already has taken delivery? Do they ship the car back to Munich for factory instal? Not logical. I'm assuming they're going to train the techs in the US (and Canada). Warranty issues, anyone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
What is the difference between the two performance packages you listed here?

I am pretty sure that they install the kits at the factory and not at the dealership. BMW wouldn't trust that many dealership shops to install all these parts. That would result in so many complaints and problems.
The base is the M Sport for Canada, the M Performance Package (I) is handling related:
• M Adaptive Suspension
• M Sport Brake

The M Performance Package (II) is power related:
• M Performance Exhaust
• M Power Kit

The PPK Package (II) would not be a stretch to get done at the dealer.. It's a straightforward Exhaust swap, and the PPK is software / chip related.

In my case, they were installed at Reisenberg as part of the build.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The base is the M Sport for Canada, the M Performance Package (I) is handling related:
• M Adaptive Suspension
• M Sport Brake

The M Performance Package (II) is power related:
• M Performance Exhaust
• M Power Kit

The PPK Package (II) would not be a stretch to get done at the dealer.. It's a straightforward Exhaust swap, and the PPK is software / chip related.

In my case, they were installed at Reisenberg as part of the build.
any idea how much power the M Power kit will add? doesn't seem like it can be more than 50HP IMO.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any idea how much power the M Power kit will add? doesn't seem like it can be more than 50HP IMO.
for the 435i 8-speed auto: 34 hp, 37 tq (slightly lower for manual), don't know about 428 figures

Available from any BMW dealer beginning in February 2014

This info is from a BMW source at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show

·
Registered
30 Posts
35HP + 32 ft-lbs. It's definitely noticeable, not overwhelming..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Overwhelming would be awesome! There's plenty of aftermarket tunes out there. Gotta keep that warranty intact though.
Don't forget, I'm still being nice to it.. breaking it in.. we'll see how it launches once I get some miles on it... :angel:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I can't wait for your launch results after the dreaded break in period. Please get back to us then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Btw... pics are dead sexy. Mine should be even better without a front license plate
Sure.. make me feel bad.. :(

Cops around here are bad ass about that, let alone EBII ..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts