BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what life would be like if you owned a BMW 428i? This video released on the BMWBlog shows you. Basically you'd be really rich, drive a boat, be good looking, date someone good looking, and drive down the coast of some getaway country (Italy?)

You have to wonder why this guy can't afford a better car than the 428i Convertible since he has so much money.

Another lifestyle, brand driven commercial that has nothing to do with the actual product. But hey, that's what modern advertising is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just their way to say we're not just selling you a car but a lifestyle. I think it's cool, better than just showing a car zipping around and showing a price at the end.

·
Registered
339 Posts
like jetblack said, they're selling you a lifestyle. Most people I know/see with 328s and soon to be 428s are swimming in debt up to their eyeballs but hey, debt is money now so i guess the more debt you have the Richer you are. Our government is setting an excellent example..

·
Registered
128 Posts
This commercial goes over the top a bit though. just because you can afford a BMW 4-Series doesn't mean that you can afford a sports boat, and can go on a luxury vacation to some ritzy resort on the cost of a southern European country.

But telling people that they will be as happy as the guy in the ad if they buy the 4-Series is definitely a good way to entice consumers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The title was amusing and brought me here it's a funny stereo type I find. It's just a commercial trying to gain interests. this is how the douch bag bmws get the ideas. Sad.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The title was amusing and brought me here it's a funny stereo type I find. It's just a commercial trying to gain interests. this is how the douch bag bmws get the ideas. Sad.
It's only a fraction of BMW owners that are the douche bags, there's a ton of BMW's on the road so with that comes some douche bags, it's like that with Honda guys, MB guys, Audi, etc.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's only a fraction of BMW owners that are the douche bags, there's a ton of BMW's on the road so with that comes some douche bags, it's like that with Honda guys, MB guys, Audi, etc.
but the question should be do BMW's turn you into a douche bag or is that predetermined when you go into the dealer to buy a 4 series?

I am going to say however that all BMW cabriolet owners are douche bags. Not only do convertibles drive worse but the DB who bought it wants the roof down for you to see HIM better...

·
Registered
360 Posts
like jetblack said, they're selling you a lifestyle. Most people I know/see with 328s and soon to be 428s are swimming in debt up to their eyeballs but hey, debt is money now so i guess the more debt you have the Richer you are. Our government is setting an excellent example..
they are SUGGESTING you a lifestyle.

noone can SELL a lifestyle :sleepy:

·
Registered
339 Posts
they are SUGGESTING you a lifestyle.

noone can SELL a lifestyle :sleepy:
They are directly equating 4 series cab ownership with a certain lifestyle. They may not be able to sell you a tangible lifestyle but what they do sell you is much more valuable. The idea that this is the idea other people have of you when you are seen in your 4 series cabriolet.

That is much more dangerous than any product, they are selling narcissism, which in turn is a way of life, hence lifestyle....

·
Registered
360 Posts
well it aint gonna work for me.

gonna drive around with some swimming shorts and a wife beater all day long. girls run when they see me!

:D:D lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts