BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure, the video is only 18 seconds, but it is 18 seconds of engine revving that is sure to excite you. In this short video clip we get to hear the sound generated by the S55 six-cylinder, 3.0-liter twin-turbo engine. This engine is rumored to go from 0-62 mph in 4.2 seconds and reach a top speed of 155 mph.

The video is not much, but it is still great to listen to.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Sounds so much more aggressive than the previous N55 inline six but that was in the 335i. I can wait to see and hear the **** thing. We need a spy video of it running on the ring!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't depend on this video much more the sound it could be just a fake when it comes to these teasers. I would rely on external video rather the BMW trying to market the M4 and get us all excited.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't depend on this video much more the sound it could be just a fake when it comes to these teasers. I would rely on external video rather the BMW trying to market the M4 and get us all excited.
Noo... Why would they post a fake sound clip.

I like the sound of this straight six can't wait to hear it with the throttle opened up. Keeping an eye on their channel now just in case if they have a different video coming.

·
Registered
73 Posts
0-62 MPH in 4.2 seconds wow.

The previous M3 with the V8 0-60 time was 4.4 seconds. So with the twin turbo inline six cylinder they managed to shave off .2 seconds even with the displacement change but the force induction adds to it too.

Impressive ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Only .2 secs? I would have thought the M4 would have been closer to 4 seconds. Well these are stock times anyways I am sure with a little tuning the M4 will come up with better times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts