BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Alan from the UK. I was a very proud owner of a lovely new, red 420i convertible. A retirement present and the first time I had had a new car for a very long time. Now, 6 months later, I am a very disgruntled owner of a car that is currently at the dealers having its roof repaired. I noticed some damage to the rubber seal on the top of the roof, assumed it was faulty rubber, took it back to the dealership for what I anticipated was a warranty repair...only to find out that they consider it "rodent damage". I was told that it was an issue with both BMW and Mercedes...I was also told..."off the record" that a change in rubber compound now uses both soya and nut oil in the manufacture. Needless to say, when it is returned and my wallet has been relieved of a few thousand pounds, I need to know this wowon't happen again...a forlorn hope I fear. Has anyone else experienced this in the UK and if so, what are you doing about it. The car is kept outside and no other cars have been "attacked" either recently or in the 30 years I have lived here. Garaging the car is not going to help as rodents come inside in the winter and garages make for perfect hibernation locations. Help please a just at the moment I am seriously thinking of selling the car. Alan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts