BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just taken delivery of my new 4 series Gran Coupe 420i M Sport. Went for Tanzanite Blue.
It's my 2nd BMW - p/ex'd my 320i SE to get the 4 series. Absolutely over the moon with it!

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!
I think I will get the engine re-tuned/re-mapped. Will let the engine wear in for a few thousand miles and then get it done.
I purposely went for the 420 rather than the 428 as the re-map will take it up to and perhaps past the 428 performance for a fraction of the cost.

The guy from DMS gave me the below stats:
The power increases from 184bhp up to 275bhp with the torque
climbing from 270NM to an astounding 420NM, a total transformation, more
torque than the 335i.

Am a bit concerned about warranty implications though so will have to think it through carefully.

Not planning any external mods at this point but never say never!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice ride.

IMO with the M-Sport package there isn't much need for appearance mods. In time, yea maybe add a little tune but until then, just enjoy it!

Great car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tanzanite Blue is a cool color name. what a lovely car. welcome to the forum!
Thank you - am so pleased with it - the colour really comes to life in the sunshine and it sparkles - not that I'll be seeing much of that in England until next year! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice ride.

IMO with the M-Sport package there isn't much need for appearance mods. In time, yea maybe add a little tune but until then, just enjoy it!

Great car.
Yeah I agree entirely - am having so much fun driving it.
It feels so much faster than my 320i too...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am thinking about a track day next year as it happens...will let the engine run in for a few thousand miles first

1 - 17 of 17 Posts