BMW 4-Series Forums banner

Hello

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Archivist 
#1 ·
Hi, just joined, looking forward to info/acquisition of new 4Series Convertible.

Dave
2007 335i Convertible :)

#6 ·
Hi, yes I was able to find lots of info at http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/4series/convertible/2013/showroom/design/visualizer.html
which is the main BMW site. I haven't seen anything on the US site yet, though keep looking periodically. It is supposed to be available in US in March-ish.

My take would be the Luxury Line (w/M Sport package) or M Sport Line because of the options. I prefer the dark or brilliant blue which get somewhat limited in the others incl the M Sport (but its a bit racier). I'd love to "trick" this out with special options and would even consider the "designer" special, but I don't think you get a lot for the $ at this point (need to wait & see).

I still prefer the Convertible to the Coupe, I think the 'lines' are better. I've never been excited by the "B" pillar in the coupe, it breaks up the flow and the rear window is fixed. Just my personal preference. In looking a the 4 Coupe, it is marginally wider and lower (not that we need that) with a more aggressive front end. I think it will be a winner!

Dave

#8 ·
I still prefer the Convertible to the Coupe, I think the 'lines' are better. I've never been excited by the "B" pillar in the coupe, it breaks up the flow and the rear window is fixed. Just my personal preference. In looking a the 4 Coupe, it is marginally wider and lower (not that we need that) with a more aggressive front end. I think it will be a winner!

Dave
This is an interesting opinion, because I think it's a unique one, although you substantiate your opinion. Everyone seems to prefer the coupe over the convertible, from a design perspective. That said, styling is a matter of personal opinion.

While I'm cruising in my coupe, I will be envious of your ability to put the top down though! :D

#9 ·
Ah Hah - Interesting Point of View

Hi ImolaYellow,

I find that an interesting Point of View as most of my friends love my Convertible and its Hardtop capability. Yes it has some quirks, its definitely not capable of 4 wheel drive, but most seem to like mine over my doc's coupe - side by side. I do wish the line breaks in the roof were less conspicuous, though my Monaco Blue next to the Black is hard to detect. Still I use my car everyday in all seasons and try to get the top down as often as possible. Looking forward to the "MB-Airscarf" equivalent, might give me a few more days of top down! :D

As a general comment, I much prefer my Hardtop to the Series 6 convertible. My daughter has an M6 (V10) and that Coupe is much much much better looking in my opinion. I don't like the "rag" top at all. It actually has less room than mine.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.