BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 428ix Msport...
I am having problems getting the foot under the bumper trunk release to work consistently.

My wife laughs at me doing the hokey pokey putting feet under slow, fast. left, right, high low and sometimes I end up just reaching into my pocket and press the button on the fob.

What's the trick folks?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a new 435xi Gran Coupe and I find the same thing -- trying to use the foot-waving trick doesn't seem to produce a reliable result! And, like you, I feel silly standing in the supermarket parking lot shaking my foot around with nothing happening!

Wish I could offer a solution instead of just sympathy, but I haven't cracked the code yet, either!

But I really like the car...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same Here

I, too have problems with the trunk release, so I don't use it. However, it does open right up when I am out washing the car and drag the hose across the underside of the car :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the same problem with our 428i Gran Coupe. The auto-open function works ~50% of the time, for no apparent reason. Even worse, the trunk has repeatedly opened by itself. Twice the keys were on a table or in a drawer, so there was no chance that the button was pressed inadvertently in a pocket.

We contacted our dealer and asked if BMW released a TSB on this problem. I will let the forum know what we hear.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts