BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 435 10,000 miles had this failure. Totally shut the car down, thankfully it was in a parking lot rather than somewhere else. The dealer said he hadn't heard of this happening but I doubt he'd admit it if it was a known problem.
Just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

·
Registered
154 Posts
2014 435 10,000 miles had this failure. Totally shut the car down, thankfully it was in a parking lot rather than somewhere else. The dealer said he hadn't heard of this happening but I doubt he'd admit it if it was a known problem.
Just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

You should have received 2 recall notifications from BMWUSA in the mail. The first one stated it could be a problem and to wait for verification to take the car in for service. The second letter stated "go ahead and schedule service for this particular problem". This is a widely known issue with 335/435i models of this certain year. I took mine in and had it replaced last week.

I can understand you missing the letters in the mail. I cannot understand your dealership having no idea about this worldwide recall.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Don't they have some other more modern way of communicating this information like through email, some recall information portal or something? As you can imagine getting physical mail has its downfalls.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You should have received 2 recall notifications from BMWUSA in the mail. The first one stated it could be a problem and to wait for verification to take the car in for service. The second letter stated "go ahead and schedule service for this particular problem". This is a widely known issue with 335/435i models of this certain year. I took mine in and had it replaced last week.

I can understand you missing the letters in the mail. I cannot understand your dealership having no idea about this worldwide recall.

I got two letters on my mail and they replaced my fuel pump. Just a note your car interior will smell like gas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, going to see what excuse the dealership, Nalley BMW in Decatur, GA., has to say.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts