BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reuters is reporting that BMW is aiming to cut 100 million euros of German labor costs per year. While nothing is outlined concretely it certainly seems that BMW is looking to escape the higher labor costs of the EU and specifically Germany.

I think its a foregone conclusion that fewer and fewer BMW's are going to reach out shores from Germany...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014...6P20140602?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

·
Registered
743 Posts
thats fine then, when its indian and china production that gets sent out to america and other nations thats when its a problem for me

·
Registered
128 Posts
Do you think that there is actually a difference in quality depending on the region that the cars are produced in. I would think that BMW does its best to ensure that all its cars are up to par regardless of which factory they come from.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe, but there are key differences in worker mentality and culture. A Mexican assembler is a different calibre than a German assembler. Thats not racism thats cold hard fact, there are differences globally. Take a Mexican assembled VW and compare it with a German one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts