BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Proud new owner of a used 435i XDrive M-Sport in Estoril Blue.

I picked up the car lightly used. It has some minor aesthetic modifications. But I am wondering how I can discover if anything else has been done to it.

For example, I feel like there may be a custom tune done. I feel this because the car sometimes has some rough spots in the powerband, as if it's been custom tuned. I have a hard time believing a BMW stock tune would be so un-refined. It actually reminds me of when I had a custom Diablo tune done in my custom turbo Ford Focus, years ago.

Then again, I don't have experience with any other 4-series, so maybe it is normal?

I also feel maybe the exhaust is louder/deeper/more gurgly than a stock 4-series should be... again, maybe it's normal.

Anyways, is there a way I can discover if there is a custom tune, a Dinan chip, the MPPK, anything else, etc....?

And anything else I should look for on this car?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been wondering the same, I also have a used 2014 black 435i coupe M-sport which I love. When I first saw it at the lot I remember it had a sticker in the back, cant remember the letters! I just loved the car and mentioned that to my wife, following week I came back from a trip, it was in my garage, she bought it for me.. nice wife, but the dealer removed the sticker. it does behave the same way, sometimes at certain revs on sport mode it has A LOT more power in a very unusual way. I know if it has something done it wont be by Dinan, because it would show additional horse power on the sport dials (shows 320), Dinan products link with the electronics of the BMW as if it was factory made (that explains part of the $$). The exhaust is a bit better than the 435i without the M trim, so that is probably the difference you also noticed. Maybe It is the way it drives.. Maybe yours and mine have some modifications to it, let me know if you find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts