BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dinan has just launched their upgrades for the M3 and M4, from the stock 425 hp the Stage 1 kit bumps it up to 516 hp. The Stage 2 (still in beta) jams even more powder up your nose and ups it to 527 hp

Stage 1

Stage 2

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm excited about the Stage 2 and 530 hp on this car. Would to like to see performance specs somewhere. Please post link if you have seen them.

Trading in my GT500 for an Alpine White M4 coming in around the July 4 holiday, and plan to add the stage 2 tune with CAI and exhaust in short order once I take possession.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm excited about the Stage 2 and 530 hp on this car. Would to like to see performance specs somewhere. Please post link if you have seen them.

Trading in my GT500 for an Alpine White M4 coming in around the July 4 holiday, and plan to add the stage 2 tune with CAI and exhaust in short order once I take possession.

I'll see what I can find.

Nice move!
What exactly about the M4 made you want to go for it and drop your GT500?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll see what I can find.

Nice move!
What exactly about the M4 made you want to go for it and drop your GT500?

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed excited. It will be a huge change. Now I will try to answer your question.

First of all I am tired of the two vehicle game; I currently have one car for daily driving and the Shelby for weekends. I want to go to a one vehicle situation where I can enjoy performance and daily driving in one pleasantly manageable package. I think the M4 is a good mix of comfort and performance, plus I am snatching up an Alpine White one coming in on a boat July 1, and my Shelby is triple black. We all know how that goes.

Also, I am way too meticulous to mess with Ford service centers and technicians anymore. You can't trust them to lay a finger on your car, and I have had it with them. I had a '98 540i many years ago and that was the best vehicle ownership and service experience I have ever had. Very fond memories there.

Lastly, I am just excited to try something different. I've never had a twin turbo 6. My Shelby also has a solid rear end. It will be a different kind of handling and power. I know I won't be able to do a burnout at 70 mph anymore, but that is ok. I think after the Dinan stage 2 it will be close in 1/4 mile to what my Shelby does now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Keep in mind Dinan measured the S55 @484 hp (crank) on their in-house dyno. So Stage 1 gets you 32 more crank HP and Stage 2 gets you 43.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts