BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between Dynamic Handling and Standard.....

I hear the DHP has is less resistant steering at low speeds and high at highs....

Does this mean that the standard handling is more heavy/tight steering at slow speeds that would be more reminicent of the current 3 coupe tightness bc of the 3's hydrolic steering compaired to the 4's electronic?

·
Registered
339 Posts
yea weight increases with speed. standard steering is very light, I actually feel like BMW has ruined their number one attribute.

·
Registered
360 Posts
that is the point of dynamic no?
It changes with speed.

dynamic = changes

The standard changes a bit too but not as effective as dynamic (this is based off my experience with the F30 though)

Not a huge fan of the dynamic steering as I like my steering to be equal all the time (old school E90 owner)

·
Registered
154 Posts
that is the point of dynamic no?
It changes with speed.

dynamic = changes

The standard changes a bit too but not as effective as dynamic (this is based off my experience with the F30 though)

Not a huge fan of the dynamic steering as I like my steering to be equal all the time (old school E90 owner)
I'm interested in the adaptive suspension with the DHP and how it compares to standard. Is there no "sport" and "sport +" if you don't opt for DHP?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I guess some people might say it would have been best if they left steering alone, but eventually they had to get to this. Are there any reviews showing the different handling modes?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I thought that in the adaptive suspension the comfort and sports modes changed the stiffness of the suspension

isnt that what its for?

And the package with the adaptive suspension also comes with the adaptive steering (at least when I was shopping for a f30

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm interested in the adaptive suspension with the DHP and how it compares to standard. Is there no "sport" and "sport +" if you don't opt for DHP?
Pretty sure there is a comfort, sport, and sport + mode on every 435i not sure about the xi though bc of AWD.......every RWD 435i has Launch Control which can only be done in sport plus, 8 speed auto steptronic (when you pull the gear shifter in) regardless whether you have the newer adaptive M Sport suspension for comfort or the classic M Sport suspension.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pretty sure there is a comfort, sport, and sport + mode on every 435i not sure about the xi though bc of AWD.......every RWD 435i has Launch Control which can only be done in sport plus, 8 speed auto steptronic (when you pull the gear shifter in) regardless whether you have the newer adaptive M Sport suspension for comfort or the classic M Sport suspension.
xdrive does have c,s,s+ button. It also has launch control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts