BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what diesel options are going to be offered on the BMW 4-Series coupe? I have an ageing 328i coupe and I would like to replace it with a brand new 4-series with a diesel engine for the daily commute.

Thoughts guys?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It is likely that BMW will offer a 435d coupe. The diesels are coming to the USA, and Audi recently announced a whole range of new diesel offerings for the US. BMW won't be left behind! You can bet that the BMW will drive better than the comparable Audi too. ;)

·
Administrator
154 Posts
About a month ago, I got this info emailed to me from BMWCCA via Roundel online.

BMW Planning Full Diesel Lineup

America may be short on diesel-powered cars now, but BMW appears ready to fix that. Leaked plans suggest that the company is launching diesel engines across its entire lineup, starting with the 3 Series sedan in spring 2013, followed by the 3 Series sport wagon later in the year. The BMW 5 Series sedan will also get a diesel engine, as will the X5 (which is already available in a diesel version). In 2014, the 7 Series and the X3 will receive diesel engines as well, filling out the lineup.

The engines coming to the U.S. include a two-liter four-cylinder turbodiesel, and a three-liter six-cylinder turbodiesel. The four-cylinder diesel will make 180 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque, while the inline six will offer 265 horsepower and 425 pound feet—while returning between 30 and 40 mpg on the highway.
Bottom line: 4-Series coupe diesel will follow shortly after the 3-Series diesel models are available at dealers.

elan, I would not expect the badge to be 435d. I expect 428d.

See this F30 3-Series spied in the US with 328d badging:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts