BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boomerang air vent is black on black so can't see the vent. On white cars, the vent is black.

Any ideas to change the color so the vent is visible?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seems like there should be a way to do this. I wouldn't try doing anything unless you can figure out a way to get the vent off the car. That way you can paint it easily without getting the rest of the car. If you have to leave it on the car, then I wouldn't risk trying to change the color.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've seen black carbon fiber "boomerangs" for sale on eBay. If you really want to make a statement you could find a shop which offers carbon fiber wrapping and select a unique color (like gray or white) for the "pop" that you're seeking. I've got a white 435 M-Sport vert and the black contrast is nice. Now go make it happen and post a pic or two for us...

·
Registered
37 Posts
So far in the East Bay California I rarely have seen any 4 series BMW's out there but when I finally saw a black on black one yesterday, the vent was hard to see!

The white with black stands out!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would use a wrap like they do to make the roof black. Its a 3M film that is precisely adhered to the portion where you want a color change. It is quick, does not harm the finish of the car and is inexpensive. It depends on the secondary undertones of your vehicle. If you have a black 4 and have red seats or red and black colored roundels.....I would change my air vent to red.

If I have a black 4 and chrome rims and chrome trimmings I would consider changing my air vents to chrome. Or throw in some angry yellow with black on black..... 3M wrap comes in almost every color from camouflage to chrome. Hope this helps

·
Registered
743 Posts
not a fan of your wheels, i would rather stay stock than to have those.
but that's just my opinion, to each their own.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the chrome idea... It's a little retro on a very modern style but it just might work. Can anyone photo shop that to see what the result may look like?

I would use a wrap like they do to make the roof black. Its a 3M film that is precisely adhered to the portion where you want a color change. It is quick, does not harm the finish of the car and is inexpensive. It depends on the secondary undertones of your vehicle. If you have a black 4 and have red seats or red and black colored roundels.....I would change my air vent to red.

If I have a black 4 and chrome rims and chrome trimmings I would consider changing my air vents to chrome. Or throw in some angry yellow with black on black..... 3M wrap comes in almost every color from camouflage to chrome. Hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have seen an ebay seller sell chrome side vents for $99 a pair and I have seen an ebay seller sell carbon fiber side vents (not real carbon fiber only carbon overlay) for $198 for pair.

I believe that luxury line F32 comes with chrome side vents. but then again I am not sure. correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mr

I've got a BMW 4-Series coupe in blue, with blue side vent and was looking to change it to black ones and ideas which way is the best weather to buy new ones or wrap the originals.
And also does anyone know how to remove the side vents aswell

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not sure how to remove the vents. lol it should be available on youtube by now. I just installed the 3M 4D carbon while the vents is still in the car.

It will be great if i can remove it for sure. I can make the wrap a lot better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got a BMW 4-Series coupe in blue, with blue side vent and was looking to change it to black ones and ideas which way is the best weather to buy new ones or wrap the originals.
And also does anyone know how to remove the side vents aswell

Vents usually cost more than $100. if you just want to change it to black I suggest to Plasti Dip it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts