BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to increase sales in Germany, BMW wants to sell all of its models online in Germany. BMW has also decided to send sales personnel on house calls to meet with potential buyers in their homes. BMW head of German sales Roland Krueger says, "We can well imagine that Internet sales could be expanded to all models."

One could guess that BMW dealers are feeling uneasy about this, but Krueger has assured them that dealerships will remain the backbone of BMW sales.

Would you buy your BMW online, or through a house call, or just through the dealership? Do you think online sales will reduce sales at dealerships?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I could see how many people would enjoy the convenience of being able to purchase/order a car online. Personally, I like being able to test drive the car and talking face-to-face with a salesman who seems to know what he is talking about.

I would never invite a salesman into my home though. Not for a car, not for a vacuum.

I really don't think it will cut down on dealership sales that much either. Overall it will increase sales for BMW, even if dealerships see slightly less business.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i rather go into the dealership
they should test this idea out by giving people the option to order online vs going to a dealership, if it does well....then they might as well make a move more towards selling online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts