BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

BMW Spain is coming out with a special edition of the M4 GTS called the M4 CS and it was designed just for the Spanish market. Only 60 units of this special edition car will go on sale at the end of spring, a substantial amount compared to the 700 M4 GTS units the world has to share.

Specifications haven’t been released yet but it has been described as a “more civilized version of the exclusive BMW M4 GTS, thanks to its versatility and rear seats incorporating compounds similar to BMW M4 Coupe.” Designed to sit between the regular M4 (425 hp) and the GTS (493 hp), we could be seeing a 3.0-litre straight-six engine under the hood, sending around 450 bhp to the rear wheels. Paired with a dual-clutch 7-speed automatic transmission and you can be hitting a top speed of 280km/h (174mph).

Chassis improvements were made along with a few other exterior upgrades like a set of 20-inch alloy wheels in silver, CFRP (carbon fiber) body kit, carbon ceramic brakes, large rear wing, and new sport seats for the front.

The new BMW M4 CS should be arriving in the first half of 2016 so BMW should be releasing more details and a spec list soon.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I guess that makes sense to an extent since I really can't recall hearing much about high performance cars in that market, not anywhere near the extent to what its like for other markets like the U.S., bigger nations in Europe, Middle East, etc.

Going to be some from Spain disappointed they won't get the full on GTS, but I think we call can agree that anything more than what the M4 offers is always welcomed, and its one of the first times we're seeing anything like this.

·
Registered
54 Posts
More civilized? At least they didn't make the power output and performance more civilized, just added rear seats to it. Not sure what they're referring to with versatility.

·
Registered
743 Posts
From versatility it seems to be just referring to this as being everything you expect in an M4, just with more power, unlike the hardcore version we get. So looking at it like that, it's just as versatile as a regular M4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts