BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This new viral video promoting the BMW M4 Coupe is pretty awesome. It shows it ripping around a make shift racetrack that is put on the top of an aircraft carrier. One small mistake would see that M4 flying off the side of the carrier and diving straight into the ocean. I wouldn't feel comfortable driving the M4 on on this track, but I'd be happy to sit in the passenger seat with a professional driver taking the reigns.

Check out the video, it's worth the 1 minute of your time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Its more likely the video is doctored. Almost all modern advertising is. Its not particularly hard to take the footage on track and then graft in the water shots. The give away for me is the work that would need to go into reconfiguring an air craft carrier for what an afternoon of filming?

Notice the irregular, rounded shape of the carrier. Thats enough of a dead giveaway ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yea very possible and likely that it is not 100% real, but its more fun if you pretend that it is. Are aircraft carriers not rounded at the end like that?

I do think if that Gymkhana six video is real, this one could be as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
gymkhana was cut together from multiple takes yea, but not doctored like the above. The driving was real enough in the M4 video, I'm just saying it didnt actually take place on an aircraft carrier :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts