BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a BMW enthusiast for quite some time. Do you all remember when BMW facelifted the E46, and added those nice LED taillights?

I couldn't believe that when BMW released the E92, BMW went back to non-LED taillights. Then of course fitted LED tails for the facelift. What gimmick to get people to upgrade to the facelift!

Now that even common cars have LED tails these days, I thought BMW wouldn't do this again. Yet here we are, with non-LED rear turn signals in the taillights on the new 4-Series. At least the other lights are LEDs.

·
Registered
743 Posts
simple explanation for this, BMW is just holding off on specific features to include on future production years, don't be surprised if a year after the original on-sale date that LED tail lights become available. Hopefully this time around, it will be full LED lights and not just partial. At the minimum they could at least have standard partial LED lights and an option to upgrade to full LED tails.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They always do this every time. I bet you that next years model will come with LED making the first gen 4 series owner jealous.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They have to hold off on somethings to make next years interesting.

This is not the first time we saw this happen you should all know this by now.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
The only problem is it might not be next years model they might make us wait a couple years when the 4 series gets a slight face lift and then throw it in with that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For the E46 it was not until 2004 until they got the upgraded tail lights and then the E92s were a year or two I can't remember exactly. But yes this is BMW's game.

·
Registered
73 Posts
LED tail lights should be a part of Lighting Package!!!
Yeah right!?

That would make the most sense but still this happens. It blows my mind sometimes when they hold things back like that.

Do you guys notice them holding anything else back besides the LED tail lights?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I already per ordered my 435...but now looking over tge options...what is included in the lighting package other than auto high beams. My main concern is as my father in laws base 328 has the yellow/orangy halos which look like crap on any luxery car. Bmw website didn't explicitly explain what you were paying for so I originally opted not to get that package

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
That would be nice. I remember for the 2007 the halos were yellow so they must have been still using halogen bulbs at the time. Good upgrade though glad its starting to kick in.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I though the luxury brands would always be the first to implement the new best technologies.It took them a while but finally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts