BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow F32 owners. I am just wondering if any of you drive manually on your car. And when I say manual mode means you use your paddle shifter to change gear (up or down)?. Do you feel a weird transmission jerk of car especially changing from gear 1 to gear 2 (rpm is not at the highest just between 4k-5k only)? It feels like the car wants to take off. But it is not noticeable on regular driving mode and even S mode. Is the manual shifting suppose to be not as smooth as the regular or S mode? let me know thanks.:surprise::surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I drive in manual mode 99%. This jerkiness is normal (like the M-DCT), especially when the car isn't warmed up, nothing to worry about. The ZF8 sport auto is the best torque converting auto on the planet! Even better than some DCTs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drive in manual mode 99%. This jerkiness is normal (like the M-DCT), especially when the car isn't warmed up, nothing to worry about. The ZF8 sport auto is the best torque converting auto on the planet! Even better than some DCTs

Thats what I notice too. :wink: I feel the jerkiness when the car just came out of the garage. But as soon as the car warms up, jerkiness goes away. although manual mode is not as smooth as the automatic mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts