BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and I am shopping for a bimmer. Looking into the new 2014 bmw 428xi(AWD) and also the 2014bmw 335xi. I really love how the new 4 series looks. But I am a guy who enjoys performance, so that is why I am also looking into the 335. All things said, I would prefer a 435 , but that is a little out of my price range. My question was, for those who have a 428awd or rwd, how do you like your car? I test drove the car and I liked it, but I enjoyed driving the 335 a little more. But I think the 4series looks a lot nicer and more of a coupe fan compare to the sedan. And for the 4 series I would be getting the M-package in estoril blue which looks sick . I wished the 428 had dual exhaust like the 435, that would make my decision so much easier. Obv the 335 has that which is why I am also looking into that, the performance and price I would pay monthly is similar

Who ever has a 335, why do you think I should get a 335 over 428. And if I was to get the 335, there would be no luxury or m sport package, just a regular trim.
I am probably get into this 428 or 335 by late this week.

SO PLEASE HELP! and sorry for the essay lol

·
Registered
154 Posts
As great as the I6 engine is inside the 435/335 (Car and Driver called it quite possibly the best engine in a sub $100k car), I'd go for the 428 M Sport over the 335 no-line. The 4 Series, generally speaking, is a better driver's car. It has a lower center of gravity, wider track, longer wheel base. You even sit lower in the cockpit. It's also much more of a head turner. 3 Series no-lines are plain dull looking; the rims are horrible as are the seats. You'll be blending in with the thousands of F30s on the road today.

Granted, the 2 liter in the 428 isn't the same as the 3 liter in the 335. But it's certainly no slouch (Car and Driver called it quite possibly the best 4 cylinder on the road today). It doesn't produce the same race engine sound but it's still a performer hitting 60 mph in just over 5 seconds and clipping the 1/4 mile in under 14. That's fast. The fuel economy is better too.

It's ultimately your call and I can understand your appreciation for the I6. This is what I'd go for. With the 428, you'll still have a generally faster car than an IS350, C350, Q50, TT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got my 428i m sport and haven't looked back. I have pondered if I should have put in the extra $$$ for the 435 but as mentioned the 4 cylinder is quick and responsive.

You will not be disappointed in the 428i m sport

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I think I will get the 428 m sport. I was leaning towards that regardless but I wanted to no everyone else's opinion on this matter.
I will post my picks later this week when I get the car!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks guys. I think I will get the 428 m sport. I was leaning towards that regardless but I wanted to no everyone else's opinion on this matter.
I will post my picks later this week when I get the car!
You're buying from your dealer's inventory and not ordering to your exact specs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i don't need too much. I got the m sport package, premium package, cold weather package and driver assistance package. They had this car in the docks, so i am waiting for it. Will arrive either today or tomorrow . Looks tough today since its snowing here in NY

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would get the 335i personally. Are you leasing it?

Comes down the looks vs performance and still good looks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will be leasing the car.
Yes the 335 does look good as well, but not as good as the 4 series in my opinion. And with my 10 points, I don't think it would be smart for me to buy even a quicker car. If only if I had the money for the 435! ugh

·
Registered
743 Posts
4 series design beats the 3 series design by a lot.
im sure the 4 series gran coupe will top it even more and possibly be the best looking in it's segment.

·
Registered
360 Posts
is the leasing on the 435 and 428 really all that different?

I think the 335i is still very nice

especially in m sport estoril blue *drool*

·
Registered
154 Posts
^^that 335 definately looks lovely. But it does have the black kidneys and is lowered plus that pic looks photoshopped to the Nth degree. It almost looks like a perfect drawing.

The 435 on the other hand is dirty from driving on a wet/muddy surface with an unfortunate front plate attached. The pic was taken in bad lighting too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts