BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've discussed the nomenclature shift here in quite some detail so I'm not going to dive into the history and legacy BMW is throwing away by filling a number in their naming system. No today is all about the actuall differences BMW gave us between the 3 and 4 series.

The 4 series has more to its identity than the number four. Dimensionally the 4 series is unique from its sedan brethren. The 4 series coupe shares a 110.6 inch wheelbase with the 3 series, but that is where chassis similarities cease. The 4-series is a half inch wider in the front track and 0.8 inches wider in the rear. widening the coupe allow the 4 series to sit 2.1 inches lower than the 3 series. BMW claims that the 4-series has the lowest center of gravity of all BMWs currently on sale. The 4 series wider and lower dimensions also give the coupe a sleeker look and feel compared to the sedan.

The lower and wider 4 series isn't simpley a beauty queen either, its sleeker dimensions should give the 4 series tenacious grip and a ferocious attitude in the corners..

Unlike most of the industry BMW has left the 6-speed MT as a no-cost option.

·
Registered
360 Posts
the 4 series is a wider looking meaner looking 3 series.

From the front they look pretty similar. I think the only way I'll be able to tell in person is the lower grill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts