BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BMW 4-Series, along with the i3 and the X5, was nominated for the 2014 Car of the Year. The preliminary list of 30 vehicles will be reduced to a short list in November (that's when the real fun begins.)

Check out the full list:

1. BMW 4 Series
2. BMW i3
3. BMW X5
4. Citroën C4 Picasso
5. Ford EcoSport
6. Ford Kuga

7. Hyundai i10
8. Jaguar F-Type
9. Kia Carens
10. Range Rover Sport
11. Lexus IS
12. Maserati Ghibli

13. Mazda3
14. Mercedes-Benz S-Class
15. Mitsubishi Space Star
16. Nissan Note
17. Opel Cascada
18. Peugeot 2008

19. Peugeot 308
20. Porsche Cayman
21. Renault Captur
22. Renault Zoe
23. Seat Leon
24. Skoda Octavia

25. Subaru Forester
26. Suzuki SX4
27. Tesla Model S
28. Toyota Auris
29. Toyota Corolla
30. Toyota RAV4

I don't even know the criteria they use to decide between the different cars, but there are many great vehicles on the list. If I had to take a guess at a winner, I would put my money on the Tesla Model S. It is luxury, it is completely electric, it is selling well, etc...

What are our predictions?

·
Registered
128 Posts
This list is in alphabetical order. It is not a ranking. It is a preliminary list of nominees that the judges will consider. I'm not sure where mr.smith got the info from, but I have seen it on some autoblogs around the web lately.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have more news about how the Car of the Year is chosen!

58 automotive journalists from 22 European countries choose the ultimate winner. In December they will narrow this list of 30 cars down to 7 finalists. Each jury member has 25 points to attribute to at least 5 cars as they see fit, but they cannot give more than 10 points to a single car.

Jury members are to judge the cars on design, safety, performance, value, and technical innovation. Jury members say that technical innovation is a heavily weighted criterion though.

Hopefully that gives everyone a better idea of what is going on here. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have more news about how the Car of the Year is chosen!

58 automotive journalists from 22 European countries choose the ultimate winner. In December they will narrow this list of 30 cars down to 7 finalists. Each jury member has 25 points to attribute to at least 5 cars as they see fit, but they cannot give more than 10 points to a single car.

Jury members are to judge the cars on design, safety, performance, value, and technical innovation. Jury members say that technical innovation is a heavily weighted criterion though.

Hopefully that gives everyone a better idea of what is going on here. :)
thanks for the info, going off of what you've mentioned i can see the BMW being a winner or at least being a runner up. can't wait to see the results

1 - 13 of 13 Posts