BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car awards are kinda a load of BS, but they are entertaining nonetheless. The BMW 4-Series is nominated fr the 2014 World Car of the Year. The Grand Prize will be decided by 69 automotive journalists, and the winner will be announced at the New York International Auto Show on April 17th, 2014.

Here is the full list of finalists in the World Car of the Year category:

- Audi A3
- BMW 4-Series
- BMW i3
- Cadillac CTS
- Citroen C4 Picasso
- Ford Fusion / Mondeo
- Infiniti Q50
- Jeep CHerokee
- Lexus IS
- Mazda3
- Peugeot 308
- Skoda Octavia

I was a bit surprised that the $-Series wasn't included in the World Luxury Car instead since I don't really compare a 4-Series to a Skoda Octavia.

Which car do you think will win?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Some nice cars on that list

Seeing how many awards have been given to Mazda in the past years I think the Mazda 3 has a good chance of winning - even though I would never buy that car personally.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So hard to predict which car will win without knowing a bit more about what criteria the vehicles are being judged on. I think the BMW i3 has a chance since it has a pretty out there design and it it uses new materials and is electric. It seems like it is pushing boundaries and moving the industry forward.

Its a bit weird comparing some of these vehicles though. Octavia, Cherokee, Mazda3, BMW i3, Ford Fusion. Most of these cars are usually not mentioned in the same sentence.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Its also weird that they include the Jeep Cherokee since its more of a utility vehicle instead of a "car". What do you think they are looking for in a car of the year? Is it about performance, design, technology? The whole package? The Q50 has that new steer by wire system. Could that give it a boost?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Seems like it was just any vehicle that they deemed the best even if it had to be an SUV. The new Cherokee actually deserves it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts