BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm sorry but can someone please explain to me how the 4 series Gran Coupe differs from the 3 series... To my eyes the difference is negligible

Also confusing is this

So BMW is going to have a 3 GT a 4 GC and then normal 3s and 4s... LOL

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah I thought the whole idea for the 4 series was for it to be only 2 doors and the 3 series would be the 4 door. What is the gran coupe anyways?

·
Registered
12 Posts
the gran coupe looks just as stunning as the coupe, the biggest problem with cars that have a sloping roof is how well the design wax executed and BMW has clearly done an excellent job here

·
Registered
339 Posts
the 3 GT is stunning but doesnt that make the 4 Gran Coupe redundant? the 3 GT already gives you all the added cargo benefits, plus as Marachi said wasnt the point of a 4 series to separate coupe and sedan, then we get a 4 series sedan anyways. With the 6 gran coupe i understand, it differs from the 5 series saloon significantly, but the 4 GC just mimicks the 3 series and probably costs $5-10k more...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
In some ways I think BMW is trying out new things and by adding in more to the line they can increase the price to possibly gain more But I find that they are starting to have too many cars in their roster for their own good.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was really hoping for a mini 6 series gran coupe but it's looking like the rear will end up being hatch-like.
Seems like BMW has no choice but to do this consider how the design has to be

M6 gran coupe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts