BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really nice, I've been watching the 4 series coupe closely, I am not too keen on the 2x2 seat layout or the unslighty plastic holder between the seats in the back of the coupe, these are my only negative issue, with the coupe. I prefer the practicality of the 4 door Gran coupe, however I don't think I can wait 12-18months to purchase a Gran Coupe.
Any advice?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maxi said:
Really nice, I've been watching the 4 series coupe closely, I am not too keen on the 2x2 seat layout or the unslighty plastic holder between the seats in the back of the coupe, these are my only negative issue, with the coupe. I prefer the practicality of the 4 door Gran coupe, however I don't think I can wait 12-18months to purchase a Gran Coupe.
Any advice?
Have you considered a 2-year lease on a 3-Series? It's certainly not a 4-Series Coupe, but it's as close as it gets for now with the extra practicality you desire. By the time your lease is up, the 4-Series GranCoupe will be fresh on the lots and you can purchase a 4-Series GranCoupe then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I will give it some serious consideration, as I never really thought about leasing, and I keep watching for further developments on the Gran Coupe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 4series starting price is $4k higher than the current 3 series at the same trim level. You could probably get a better price since the 3 series is on the way out. Good luck.

·
Administrator
154 Posts
DKing said:
The 4series starting price is $4k higher than the current 3 series at the same trim level. You could probably get a better price since the 3 series is on the way out. Good luck.
The F10 3-Series is anything BUT on the way out! We have not even seen the F10 LCI (facelift) yet.

That said, you are of course correct that there are deals to be had. You can easily get an F10 3-Series (even 335i) under invoice pricing.

·
Registered
743 Posts
LOVE it! I just think it needs a side profile thats a bit more M6 gran coupe like with the sloping lower body line that start at the fender....

M6 gran coupe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have ruled out the gran coupe.
So it will be the coupe for me!!
I've been advised by cousin, who is a mechanic at a main dealership to wait at least 6 months before purchasing the 4 series. He reckons that BMW will be aware of niggling problems by this time from buyers feedback etc.. As he said that BMW will be eager to sort out these problems as the car, not rated 5 stars by ALL car reviewers! So I am waiting... Patiently..
I've registered for my test drive at a dealership (London) during the summer, so just waiting for my date, however the salesman I spoke to didn't know much about the car and was very pompous on the phone. Well... I recieved a follow up call from BMW and my feedback was less than favourable on his customer service and knowledge. So I have asked for my test drive to be at a different garage.
I'm sure they will be eager to take my money for the coupe! :)))

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have ruled out the gran coupe.
So it will be the coupe for me!!
I've been advised by cousin, who is a mechanic at a main dealership to wait at least 6 months before purchasing the 4 series. He reckons that BMW will be aware of niggling problems by this time from buyers feedback etc.
I'd say that's sage advice. Hopefully the new garage will treat you right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts