BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although we've been seeing pictures for a few months now, the official world debut of the BMW 4-Series Coupe is happening at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Two 4-Series are on display, one in Estoril Blue (M Sport model) and the other in Mineral Grey.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wish I was there. Is that all for the BMW floor? This is just the 4 series right. I saw pictures of the Mercedes floor display at frankfurt and man did those guys spend money.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wish I was there. Is that all for the BMW floor? This is just the 4 series right. I saw pictures of the Mercedes floor display at frankfurt and man did those guys spend money.
BMW built a 300-meter, three-level indoor test track at Frankfurt for this years show. Frankfurt is the domestic haven for the German big 3 BMW, Audi and Mercedes, so every chance to outshine arch-rivals is never superfluous.

As part of the 10,000-square meter exhibition space BMW possesses this year, the figure eight-shaped course gave visitors a chance to test drive different models

"We're keen to live up to our leadership claim in every possible respect," Steven Althaus, BMW branding quipped to Reuters and I promptly stole. "That central idea is reflected through our show stand"

BMW took two months to build the track

The German Big 3 typically compete against one another for the most outlandish display during the Frankfurt show.

Audi turned the show upside down by having imitations of skyscrapers and city districts sprout from the ceiling of its partly mirrored exhibition pavilion.

Mercedes, meanwhile, had a 250-metre track just outside the event venue

"It's totally obvious that we're eyeing each other," said Andreas von Wallfeld, Mercedes' event communication chief.

"Frankfurt is by far the top show for the German premiums. It's that mutual competition that spurs us ahead in the global sales race."

Kinda wish American Big 3's would go to such garish levels for our attention, unfortunately a bit of iphone integration and North Americans are hooked...

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
It is something to wish for but I feel as if our america shows are way more congested. It would be nice to see something like that in our neck of the woods though. Maybe that would be a good excuse to take a trip ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts