BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW in their eternal wisdom lifted a page out of Apples retail experience, BMW Geniuses are now a thing. Their duty is to educate and showcase high margin technological features to prospective clients during the shopping process. The story goes that Geniuses have boosted the purchase of high margin options by 10-15%.

As rosy as that sounds do consider anecdotal reports of Geniuses actually being relative dolts. One account has said genius not knowing the distinction between a 3 and a 5 series, and one brought in specifically to showcase the i3 knowing little outside of the name. As enthusiasts they are more likely to get in the way.

At the end of the day, shouldn't every salesman be able to handle this duty with thier eyes closed? I mean it kind of is their job and all ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Great way to convert people into buyers, with all the models BMW has now this was a good move. Not a lot of people in dealerships know much about cars, might as well help them out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
LOL i guess you were talking to him in person? Said it with a straight face?
No! I'm glad it was an email or else I would've busted out laughing in his face...

How's this for a pick-up line:

Girl asks a guy in a bar what he does for a living... Guy replies "I'm a BMW genius". Girl says "what a douche" and walks away.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No! I'm glad it was an email or else I would've busted out laughing in his face...

Girl asks a guy in a bar what he does for a living... Guy replies "I'm a BMW genius". Girl says "what a douche" and walks away.
see what Genius really means is that I went to school for 4 years to achieve an arts history and avant guard picture hanging double major, and now I sling BMW accessories (could substitute in Apple Genius' as well).

See how brilliant one has to be to become a genius ;)

·
Registered
743 Posts

hahaha good point.
definitely would get dropped instantly by that girl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts