BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 435 x drive this week with all season tires as I live in an apt in NYC. Too much of a hassle to find a storage place and switch the tires twice a year. However, I am getting second thoughts now. Is there a huge difference between all season and performance tires in good weather? I currently drive a 335 with all season tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
People piss and moan about the all season run-flats that come standard. There's more road noise and less grip than staggered summers but I don't mind them. The A/S provide enough grip for me in spirited driving and the road noise is cancelled out by the engine and exhaust.

I like to drive in Sport+ with DSC off. I'm able to maintain good control exiting out of corners mashing the throttle. The car is, after all, AWD. So unless you plan on tracking the car, all-seasons should suffice.

·
Registered
360 Posts
depends on what kind of driver you are

if you like to drive with some passion - the all seasons kind of suck. in my opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had Michelin Pilot Sport all seasons on my WRX and Pilot Sport summer tires on my M3. I drove the cars back to back and they were pretty close in terms of performance. I have the all seasons on my 435i and don't find it worth the expense or bother to change tires for the summer. The all seasons also got me through all the heavy snow last winter without a problem.

Alan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts