BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not too big of a difference in size when you look at it. With a decade in between I have to say the E46 M4 still Looks very attractive for what it is.

The 4 series to me looks more luxurious than sporty. All the M3's had a bit of both but it was a good balance. Not for the 4 series though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
all I see is a dated model beside a modernized and dressed up to date 4 series :D

Just kidding! I still have much love for that generation of M3 but I am coming to accept the new look which took some time but the new headlights and grille work.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
The 4 series rear bumper needs a diffuser and a quad tip exhaust. The wheels on the 4 series in this picture are okay but I would still prefer 5 spokes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The 4 series rear bumper needs a diffuser and a quad tip exhaust. The wheels on the 4 series in this picture are okay but I would still prefer 5 spokes.
regardless of new or your still comparing the second highest trim model to an "M3".

I am sure you can see similarities for aggressive / sport cosmetic parts when you put the M4 beside it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
4 series looks like an evolved version - and so it should.

The E46 is still a classic design that will be loved for many generations.

·
Registered
80 Posts
4 series looks like an evolved version - and so it should.

The E46 is still a classic design that will be loved for many generations.
Oh yeah for sure, two generations after this is what happened. So if the choices of the E46 M3 coupe and "435i" coupe were to be given to you free of charge, Which one would you pick?

·
Registered
73 Posts
As much of a classic the M3 E46 is I would take the 435i coupe over it just to enjoy the more modern look and the newer functions and technologies. You really can't go wrong with either of them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Let's put the value as side and break it down here. Classic bmw M performance coupe versus an up to date sports coupe. Which one do you guys would take the faster lap times on the track?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts