BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
BMW has some advanced headlights no doubt

Very cool stuff.

Their adaptive lighting is one of the most advanced in the industry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone...

I've recently bought my 420d with the M package and LED adaptive lights. I've got an query with the headlights.

When I have my lights on the AUTO position it seems the drivers side outer LED light only illuminates the top half and the bottom half is not illuminated. But the passenger side all the lights illuminates. This only happens when I'm in the D position when I move the gear to R or P then the half that didn't illuminate comes on.

Its same When i move the light to the normal ON position the half that didn't illuminate before illuminates.

Is this normal behaviour of Adaptive LED head lights ? Took to the dealer and they seem to be confused too. Can someone please share any thoughts...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am facing similar weird behavior like Vin describes in the previous post. To give a specific example, the level of the left(driver) headlight is lower on Auto lights vs normal lights on. Also, when I put it on Reverse, the level raises higher. All these observation done pointing at a nearby wall.

While the behavior doesnt make much sense, real problem is that while driving in multiple instances, I actually feel that the left side is not throwing light long enough, disproportionate vs the right side.

I have a '15 f36 with adaptive led headlights, and light sensor auto switch on/off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts