BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for those who have decided to NOT row themselves. The 4 sereis new 8 speed autobox features a launch control function and paddles for those who like to pretend;)

heres the video:

·
Registered
80 Posts
that is all it takes to activate the traction control guys. just put your foot to the brake pedal and smash the gas and pop the clutch.. oh I meant brakes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thats how I already take off when racing someone from a stop. Put the car in sports+ mode, hold the brake, stomp the gas to the floor, let the motor rev all the way up, and the xdrive takes off like a slingshot!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if you get launch control with the normal auto box on an 4 GC Msport 2.0d? Whilst I know it won't be the quickest of quick on a 2.0d...I think I ordered the wrong auto :( am waiting to hear from dealer if too late to change but if I still get launch control on the normal auto box and will just be missing the paddle shifters I won't be too gutted. As its an Msport it should have the sport+ mode from what I understand so I'm hoping this gives me launch control... Any comments to confirm / deny would be great. Only due to get it in November and cannot wait!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pretty much the general concept of preloading. Used to do it with all of my prior automatics. That being said some vehicles allow you to get higher rpms depending on the torque converter equipped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts