BMW 4-Series Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 4 Series Hybrid was initially penned in to debut at LA this week, but BMW has come out and said thats a bold faced lie... So either someones editor was napping or someone said something they should not of...

From the LAAS press release:

In addition to the roster of global premieres, a variety of North American debuts will be unveiled in Los Angeles, including the 4 Series Coupe, 4 Series Hybrid, i8, i3, 5 Series Sedan and 5 Series Gran Turismo from BMW. U.S. auto show introductions will also include the Jaguar C-X17, Cadillac Escalade, a high performance model from Nissan, three vehicles from Volkswagen, including the e-Golf and five from Audi, among others.
BMW alreadysells the ActiveHybrid 3 using the same 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged inline-six as 335i and 435i models, matted with an electric motor and 120-volt lithium-ion battery pack. Total system output is 335 hp. ActiveHybrid 3 sedan is rated at 35 mpg city, 33 mpg highway, and 28 mpg combined by the EPA.

If the 4 Hybrid does show up this week it would be the first performance hybrid Coupe....

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think luxury car buyers are into hybrid cars as long ass they still deliver on performance. I bet a lot of California wealthy people would buy a 4-Series Hybrid. Certainly is nicer than a Prius, and something has to compete with Tesla.
so they're only into hybrid cars as a trendy thing... Interesting.

BTW I went to go see a Tesla the other day at their show room, and you know what for ~80K the interior is junk. I mean people razz on BMW for a boring interior, JAYYYSUSSSS the tesla is DULLER than a 2x4 and feels just as cheap!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.