BMW 4-Series Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frozen paint is not everyones cuppa, but in certain shades it flies well, like cashmere silver for example...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe frozen is just some patented name for BMWs version of matte? I'm not really sure. Sounds like a different name for the same thing to me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Maybe frozen is just some patented name for BMWs version of matte? I'm not really sure. Sounds like a different name for the same thing to me.
That could be possible.
Only way to tell for sure is in person. Unless we find some official info that explains more about this paint.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did a little research and I'm pretty sure that "frozen" is the same as "matte". Its just what BMW calls it because they are trying to be all fancy.

Since June 2010, certain BMW models are painted with “Frozen” or “Matte” exterior paints. With the launch of the all-new BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe, a Frozen Paint was released for the first time as a factory option.

This two-stage paint process consists of a color base coat, followed by a specially formulated matte finish clear coat.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ah good to know. It's good to see they went with their own unique name rather than just calling it what the rest of the industry calls it.

And thinking about it "Frozen" was indeed a good choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts